Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great American Seafood Cook Off

I love trying new recipes. It is fun to try and bring together spices and flavorings in dishes that I enjoy. One of my favorite things to do is use the outdoor barbecue grill. So, if I get an opportunity to cook on it I will. I really like fish, especially a good piece of orange roughy. When making it on the grill I like to coat my fish in cornflake crumbs then put melted butter over the top of it. I then season it with a little salt and pepper and some onion powder. I like to slice in some potatoes with it and also put melted butter and onion powder on them. I then wrap it all up in a strong piece of foil and cook it slowly on low heat on the barbecue grill. When it is done it is so moist and flaky and wow, is it good.
I think about the Great American Seafood Cook off and wonder what kind of recipes are used at this event. I wonder if other people would enjoy my recipe for how I like to cook fish.
The fifth Annual Great American Seafood Cook-Off will be held Aug 2-3 at the New Orleans Morial Convention Center. One chef and one state will go away with the title of King of American Seafood.
Governor Jindal challenges all states to send them their best chef and most delicious domestic sustainable seafood. Out of 14 chefs only 5 will remain as finalists. For the ticket price of $10 the public, 18 years and older are invited to cheer on the chefs as they compete against each other. This sounds like a really fun event and would be interesting to see what recipes these chefs come up with and who will win.

No comments: