Monday, May 5, 2008

The Challenge Dividend

I am not very old but I definitely have experienced challenges already in my life. One that I can think of is when my parents insisted at the age of 14 that I apply for a job at the new Pizza Ranch that was opening up. Of course, I was alittle apprehensive and nervous. But I did put in my application and sure enough I was called to start working there. At first, I'm pretty sure I had doubts inside myself as to if I could do this job. The criticisms I had to endure through the learning process tended to draw me down but the challenge to learn this job and do it well was strong. I ended up working there for over 5 years. I later became a night supervisor so the challenge made me strive to work hard and got me to climb the ladder somewhat. Challenges in life are good. We may not always feel that way but they can make us improve in ourselves and become stronger individuals.
The Challenge Dividend is a blog that promotes that challenge drives improvement in business, culture, government and individual people. This blog is highly informative and interesting and worth checking out.

No comments: